Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Books, Buttons, and Bags

We recently debuted 35 yaoi buttons and two yaoi messenger bags at anime conventions. The bags have sold out, and a new design created by M. A. Sambre is coming in time for Yaoi Con. The buttons have sold by the hundreds. We're expanding the line as fast as we can think of new phrases. The one inch buttons have phrases like 'Ceiling Cat is Watching you Read Yaoi,' and 'I Sold Your Dollfie to Buy Yaoi.' They sell for $1 each. The bags sell for $25 each.

We are continuing sales of the parasols. They've been extremely successful. I want to add a footnote about them. We searched for months to find a company that would make custom parasols for us at a reasonable price. The overseas supplier we found has closed down. The messenger bags are our replacement product for the parasols. After this last run of parasols is gone they will be gone for good.

All non-book merchandise will only be available at conventions. With the high cost of shipping, we want to be sure all online orders qualify for media mail.

Speaking of conventions, I (Yamila) will be a guest at Otaku Mex this weekend. http://otakumex.com/. You may notice that I've been pushing this convention quite a bit. It's a first year show in an area devoid of Anime shows. Please come out and support it.

After OtakuMex Yaoi Press will exhibit at Anime Weekend Atlanta and then it's on to our big event of the year YAOI CON! We have brought in Dark Prince artist M.A. Sambre from France to be our special guest at this show. I will also be an industry guest there.

If you're in the Northeast please support SitaCon in Utica New York, October 10-12. This is another show where I'm honored to be a guest. My final guest appearance of the year is at Mizucon in Miami this December. I bring lots of yaoi goodies and put on as many fun yaoi events as I can at the shows kind enough to host me. I hope you'll support the one nearest you.

No comments: