Tuesday, April 28, 2009

AnimeLand Vegas Moved to Westin


This weekend (May 1-3) you can meet me, Yamila Abraham, at Animeland Vegas. But not at the Alexis Park Hotel as originally planned.

ANIMELAND VEGAS HAS MOVED TO THE WESTIN CASUARINA ON FLAMINGO


Westin Casuarina
160 East Flamingo Road
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109
Phone: (702) 836-5900

This was not a voluntary move by the convention staff. Here is what the Chair says:

"It would seem that they [Alexis Park] found the loophole and exploited a miscommunication on both our parts that allowed them to sell our space to the bigger group that will be spending more money than we were. While I don't like it and want nothing more than to stomp my foot and cry "it's not fair", I UNDERSTAND it. Business is business, and in this economy you get every dime you can get when you can get it. I wish them the best of luck...cuz kharma is funny, and I want my kharma bases covered."

I have tremendous empathy for this group to have to deal with a venue move just days before the show. I was a guest at two other shows the Animeland staff put on: Otakumex and Anime Wasabi. They are a group of well-meaning fans dedicated to putting on fun shows. This was an unavoidable change.

A member of the Animeland staff will be at the Alexis Park hotel to make sure everyone is redirected to the new venue. It's very near to the old venue.

No comments: