Saturday, January 16, 2010

Auctions for Haiti

Hello All,

Please consider bidding on one of these auctions supporting the Haiti relief effort:

Yaoi Merchandise Bundle

***New 1/20/10 Artwork Auctions for Haiti***

If you're not in the position to be spending money you can still help by spreading awareness. I'd appreciate promotion for the auctions, but there are other ways you can use your blogs, web sites, journals, or gallery pages to help.

Promote this Google link. People can donate to Unicef or CARE directly from that page, and they've linked other major charities supporting relief efforts. They offer a gadget you can embed in your site that will help victims and their families connect to a central hub of information:



This is Yamila. I've very been extremely busy with launching a new imprint. I heard a little bit of news about the earthquakes in Haiti here and there, but hadn't stopped to learn about anything first hand. This morning I received emails from two European studios that work for Yaoi Press asking for me to help promote their charity efforts for Haiti.

Haiti is in the United States front yard. It's closer to us than my mother's hometown in Puerto Rico. The Haitians are relying on the USA to help them right now. I'm ashamed that I had to get emails from KOSEN and Studio Kawaii in Spain before I made an effort to help.

The UN says earthquakes in Haiti are the "Worst disaster we've ever dealt with." 200,000 people are estimated dead. Three to five million were caught in the epicenter, which is the capitol of Haiti and it's most populous area. The suffering there right now is unimaginable. I hope we can rally for the plight of these people.

No comments: