Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Yaoi Poker Cards Test



We've produced several decks of yaoi poker cards with beautiful art nouveau images created by our friends at Studio KÔSEN. Right now I'm running a test on Ebay to see what their saleability is. They're very expensive to produce, and I need to know if they'd fetch a reasonable price before we consider mass production.



If we can sell the decks at a reasonable mark-up then they will go on sale at conventions. We probably won't sell them online since we try to only sell items that qualify for Media Mail shipping at Everythingyaoi.com.



If we can't sell the decks at a price that justifies the cost and time to create them we will be giving them away little by little as an incentive at Everythingyaoi.com. Meaning that you have to make multiple purchases over the span of six months in order to get all the cards in the deck. If you miss a month the incentive starts all over again once the first cycle is finished for another six months. You can keep updated on which cards are being offered each month by signing up for our newsletter.



As I said, we haven't decided on selling the cards at shows, or the incentive idea yet. I've started an auction using our Ebay account to see how much interest the cards generate. I hope they'll be a big success because it will mean more work for our artists. I'm sure several of the other top artists we us would love to do something like this.



You can bid on the cards here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120387289824

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! *w* They are beautiful!!! <3

Anonymous said...

OMG those are GORGEOUS!! I love the art by Kosen! It would be great to have a color artbook with those pics in it! I'd seriously consider giving my whole paycheck for a color Kosen artbook. *drools*

Anonymous said...

These cards are handsome!!!
I want them so much! Why must you be so cruel, I know I will never get my hands on them unless you sell them online :'(

Cheap Meals for the Big Eater said...

brass, It's possible someone else will sell them online. We're giving the artists and some of the licensors some decks. We're keeping other options open too.

Anonymous said...

wow they're really beautifull !

I've added them in my blog :)